Monday, July 1, 2013

Group E-mail 7/1/13

Well this week was just one of those weeks that was not very good and not much happened so this email will be pretty short. 

Deborah and Sanderryo didn't come to church this week and are really busy so it is hard to get togther with them. We taught Deborah the Plan of Salvation and her and her other grandkids, who were there, too, loved it! The little kids thought that it was awesome that they could be kings and queens one day. (We shared the Carrie Underwood song "There's a Place for Us" that is at the end of one of the Narnia movie). We gave Deborah one of those Book of Mormon Stories books that have the simplified stories in them with pictures and it is kind of in a comic book format. She LOVED it! And she was really, really excited to read it with her grandchildren. They only have one picture book for them to read, so it was great for them to get a picture book filled with lots of stories for them. 

Happy and Michael are the inactive couple that have recently come back to church and whom we have been teaching. We went to their house a couple of times this week. They are awesome! They are totally different from the first time I met them. They are always in such great moods and they love talking with us. We are going to their house again tonight for family home evening and will teach them the Gospel of Christ. We love going over there just as much as they love having us there! We just found out that they never got married. They are technically married because of Texas' common law marriage rules, but they want to really get married before they get sealed in the temple. And they invited us to the ceremony, whenever it is, so we are excited to go to a wedding! They are working really hard to become temple worthy so that they can live in the Celestial Kingdom (we taught them the Plan of Salvation this week, too). 

Speaking of Temples, my mission is really lucky because the Houston Temple is in our mission, so we get to go once a transfer (or every 6 weeks). So we went on Friday and it was beautiful. It was an amazing experience. I was having rough morning that day and was really anxious and stressed out about a ton of things. There were so many emotions and thoughts in my head that I LITERALLY thought my brain was going to explode! I was on the verge of a mental breakdown, but I didn't want to do it in front of my companion, so I held it in. We went through an endowment session, and the whole first half I was totally unfocused because my brain was reeling. I finally was able to focus and then I finally felt calm and peaceful. It was exactly what I needed. All of my emotions and worries just kind of melted away and I felt the Spirit so strongly. It was an answered prayer. I was sitting in the Celestial room and I thought about how I wish I could just sit in there all day long and never leave and how all the stress and emotions I felt before were worth it to come into the Celestial room. Then I realized that that is totally true about life and the Plan of Salvation. One day I will be able to hang out in the Celestial room forever, but it will be even better because it will be the Celestial Kingdom, and all of the stress and trials that we go through in life will all be worth it once we get there. 

Anyway, this next week hopefully will be better and will pick up more. 

Love,

Sister Sylvester

No comments:

Post a Comment