Monday, November 25, 2013

Sister Sylvester's First Transfer and stuff...November 25, 2013

Well I got transferred. I miss White Oak a ton! I loved it there and it was so great and everyone there was amazing! But, I love being in a new ward and with a new companion. It is exciting and it is nice to move on. I'm serving in Oak Ridge in the Spring zone. I actually live in The Woodlands which is this rich place that has a huge mall with a waterway and boats. Our ward isn't super rich for the most part, but we do have one area that apparently has giant houses, that a couple of less-active members live in.

My new companions name is Sister Liljenquist. She is from Utah and is 19. She has been serving for 3 months. She is hilarious and we have a lot of fun together. We have already had lots of moments when we are laughing so hard that we are crying and our stomachs hurt, which is good. The ward is really great and I got to meet a lot of them at church yesterday. The youth speaker was sick so they asked me to bear my testimony during sacrament. It went really well. There is a ton of work to do in this ward and area and I'm really excited. I feel good and I know this is where I'm supposed to be.

So we have two main investigators right now. The first is Ashlee. We taught her the Plan of Salvation on Saturday and it went really well. She has a sincere desire to find out if the church is true, but is having a hard time with understanding how to figure that out. So we are working on helping her better recognize the Spirit and different things she needs to do to find out if it is true. We set a baptismal date with her for December 21. So we are praying that everything works out. She was supposed to come to church yesterday, but about 20 minutes before church started, right before she was going to leave, her parents randomly showed up at her house. So she ended up not coming to church, but she did come with us to dinner afterward at a member's house. She wasn't able to come until later but it worked out. We read the Book of Mormon with her and it all went really well. The ward is doing great at fellowshipping her.

The second is Kezza. She is from Uganda and came to the United States for school. She is 16 and I just met her yesterday at church. They have been having a hard time meeting with her because she has been so busy, and she hasn't been to church in a couple of weeks, despite the fact that she is living with members. But we texted her in the morning, and she came to church which was great. She is really sweet. She has school off all this week since it is Thanksgiving so we are meeting with her 2 or 3 times, which will be good. And she also got a personal progress book and is really excited to do it.

Anyway, there is that update. I'm really excited to be here and I know this transfer will be great! I love being a missionary! I love this church and gospel and I know that it is true. I love Jesus Christ and I know He is our Savior. I am so grateful for Him and His sacrifice and His love for each and every one of us. And I'm grateful for Heavenly Father and His love and all that He blesses us with. And I'm grateful for my amazing family, who I love so much and don't know what I would ever do without!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! Count your many blessings!

Love,

Sister Sylvester

No comments:

Post a Comment