Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Group E-mail 5/12/14

First of all, I loved talking to my family yesterday. It was so great! I love all of them so much and I am so grateful for all of their love and support!

Well transfers happened this week. Monday was a great last day in Oak Ridge. Like I said last week, I'm really bummed to leave Oak Ridge because it is such a great ward and I love everyone there so much. But that's okay because I know that I will love my new area just as much. We had a busy P-day getting everything done. We had to go the mall and send off mother's day packages and hang out with our district. And then we went and said goodbye to some of our favorite members in the ward. I miss all of them. The ward was the best. 

Tuesday, Sis. Colton and I drove to transfers. Sis. Colton is still in Oak Ridge and I know she will continue to do great there. I am now in Bear Creek in the Katy zone and my companion is Sister Hassell. She is from Oregon and she is really cool. We get along well so far and I think we will have fun and be able to get lots of work done here in Bear Creek. 

So a little about Bear Creek. We live in really nice apartments. Really nice. And we have a really nice gym. And we are in a car again, which I am kind of bummed about because I wanted to try a bike, but I know that I will love that car when it starts getting really humid. We have a lot of investigators and less-actives we are working with. And apparently it isn't very hard to find people to teach. There is a lot of work to do here and I think it will be really good. 

Megan and Tim are doing really well. On Monday night we had an appointment with them and we had to say goodbye. Tim asked what he needed to do to get baptized and asked about the Priesthood. He really wants to do this. He is starting to read the Book of Mormon, again. We went through the baptismal questions with him and set a baptismal date for him at the end of the month. So we are excited for that and I'm glad I will be able to see them again, soon.

Anyway, there isn't much to say so far, yet. I hope you you all have a great week and I hope all of you mom's had a great mother's day!!

Love,

Sister Sylvester

No comments:

Post a Comment